|Resurgence Hritage of Mushidabad|
|Gemstone idols in Azimganj Jain temple|
Azimganj and Jiaganj are small towns in Murshidabad district in West Bengal and these are place of historic importance. The small towns are situated on two sides of river Bhagirathi - Ganga. There are large numbers of Jain and Hindu temples along with few palaces in these towns. We can develop the places for tourist attraction. There are tiny villages near the towns Azimganj and Jiaganj those could also be developed as tourist places and become tool to strengthen rural economy.
Baranagar, former capital of Rani Bhvani, a nearby village is famous for its Shiva temple. The Char Bangla and Bhavanishwar temples are famous for their terracotta arts. Large numbers of Jain temples with awesome architecture are added attraction (Kathgola and Kiriteshwari temples are few of those) with several tombs of Muslim period.
1. Sailing boats in Ganga is a great fun. Large numbers of oarsmen can be employed provided facilities for sailing boats in Ganga.
2. Large numbers of trees animals and birds (Flora and Fauna) are found in this area. A bio-diversity park can be developed for Eco-tourism.
3. The small town has cluster of Hindu and Jain temples making the place ideal for Spiritual tourism.
4. The district produces huge quantity of different varieties of mango. The district perhaps has been producing highest varieties of mangoes in the world. Mango festival in the summer can be organized to attract tourists.
5. Jain people living in the town known as Shaharwali have excellent recipes in their basket. These vegetarian foods are exclusive and made in the place only. Shaharwali food festival can be proved a bonanza for the tourists especially for the vegetarians and vegans.
6. Bank of Ganga, villages full of trees and birds creates a place beautiful, charming and healthy. This place can be proved as CONVALESCENT. Hence, Medical tourism can also be promoted.
7. World's longest swimming competition takes place in Murshidabad district (Ahiran Ghat, Jangipur to Sadarghat, Berhampur, 73 KM). Swimmers worldwide swims in River Bhagirathi Ganga and passes through Azimganj - Jiaganj. However, this great event is not extensively covered by the print and electronic media. Promoting this event will be beneficial for tourism in the place.
There are railway stations, bus stand and other facilities such as primary health center, market place, inn, motels are available in the town.
(Vardhaman Gems, Jaipur represents Centuries Old Tradition of Excellence in Gems and Jewelry)